The aubergine is a highly appreciated garden produce when grilled, as well as being a healthy, light and very digestive dish with many nutritional properties, which is also consumed more and more every day. That’s why today we bring you a new recipe for your Josper oven, with which you’re sure to triumph. This is the Josper braised aubergine with textured tomato, basil and goat’s cheese, a spectacular and simple dish.
First of all, let us mention the curiosity that the aubergine, which belongs to the Solanaceae family like the tomato, tobacco or pepper, is not a vegetable… It is actually a fruit and, as we said, the best way to prepare it is to bake it: this technique improves its texture, concentrates the flavours and consolidates its flesh.
Aubergines with Josper
Josper braised aubergine with tomato textures, basil and goat’s cheese
-Pesto (olive oil, pine nuts, basil, parmesan cheese, fresh basil, dried tomatoes, goat’s cheese, olive oil, salt and pepper).
Preparation, step by step
- Cut the aubergine into slices about 1 cm thick and season with salt and pepper.
- The cherry tomatoes should be seasoned with salt and pepper to taste and placed in a 1/3 Josper tray.
- With the Josper’s air inlet closed, the upper register at level 2-3, and a temperature between 250 and 300 degrees, place the tray with the cherry tomatoes and aubergine directly on the lower rack of the oven.
- After 2 minutes, turn the aubergine and move the tomatoes and leave for a further 2 minutes. If you want it al dente, just 1 minute is enough.
- We add several spots of pesto over which we then place the aubergine, some cherry tomatoes to taste and finish up with some basil leaves and small portions of dried tomato.
- Aubergines in a Josper oven